By Katryna Starks
In the current economy, you need to cut back on luxurious spending just when you need stress relief the most. Can you have luxury and simplicity at the same time? Of course you can! Here are a few ways to treat yourself well on a budget:
- Buy flowers for your home and then, when the leaves dry out, collect them in a vase or a bowl for a beautiful decoration of homemade potpourri.
- Use a body spray instead of perfume. It’s less expensive and it often comes in purse-sized bottles so you can spritz your office, your car and anywhere else you like.
- Get some stationery and leave little love notes every week instead of spending a lot on romantic celebrations that only happen once or twice a year.
- Use small cookie cutters to make wonderful shapes out of vegetables as a way of spritzing up your salads. Heart-shaped bellpeppers, anyone?
- Skip expensive restaurants and patronize local museums and gardens when the weather is nice.